GearFocused Film Contest
CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
3) Promotion Period: The Contest begins on Monday, April 25, at 10:00AM Eastern Time (ET) and ends on Wednesday, July 1st, 2022, at 11:59PM ET (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
4) How to Enter: To enter, entrants must 1.) Create a short film up to 4 minutes in length and 2.) Amend a short behind-the-scenes video detailing the camera gear you used to create your film. 3.) Upload film to Youtube using the hashtag #GearFocusFilmContest.
4.) Create a gear shop on Gear Focus. 5.) fill out the form to complete entry.
The Submission should not prominently display, incorporate or reference the intellectual property, copyrights, or trademarks of any third party or entity (for example, without limitation, it must not include unlicensed third-party music, lyrics, graphics, etc.). The Submission must not otherwise require the consent of any third party or entity in any jurisdiction. It must not prominently display any unacceptable clothing or adornments, or identifiable commercial/corporate advertising (including but not limited to any third party corporate logos, brand names and slogans). The Submission must not contain defamatory statements (including words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group). The Submission must not include threats to any person, place, business, or group; it must not violate privacy, publicity or other rights of any person, firm, entity, and it must not in any way violate applicable federal, state, or local laws and regulations. Submission must not include or show any dangerous behavior or activity or contain content that promotes dangerous activities that may result in injury to oneself or others. Submission must not contain indecent behavior, profanities or obscenities, including but not limited to nudity, or pornography, and must not in any way disparage persons or organizations associated with Sponsor. Submission must not include any personally identifiable information (e.g. last name, address, school, place of work, etc.) of Entrant or any other person(s), whether they appear in the photo Submission or not. Sponsor also reserves the right to exclude any Entrant if it deems a username, profile information or any portion of Entrant’s tweets to be offensive in any form. All violations of the above referenced standard will be determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor and without the right to cure or appeal such a determination. If, in the opinion and sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor, any entry violates any law, rule or regulation or infringes upon the rights of any third party, is inaccurate, illegible, incomplete or irregular in any way, or otherwise does not comply with these Official Rules, or the Sponsor’s Terms and Conditions, Sponsor may disqualify the entry. This Contest may be cancelled in the event that, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, an insufficient number of eligible entries are received. All submissions become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
5) Contest Judging and Selection of Winners: After the Promotion Period ends, the Submissions will be judged by a qualified panel of judges (“Judges”), who will evaluate each Submission based on the following criteria: 1.Cinematography, 2. Storytelling, 3. Sound Design, 4. Resourcefulness. The judges will review all qualified Submissions and will select three (3) winners (individually “Winner” and collectively, “Winners”). Decisions of judges are final and binding. In the event there are not enough eligible Submissions, not all prizes will be awarded. If a potential Winner is unable for whatever reason to accept his or her prize, then Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize to another Entrant. Submission eligibility is subject to the verification of Sponsor, and in the event that a top-judged Submission is disqualified, an alternate Winner will be selected from among all eligible Submissions. Notification of Winners. At the end of Promotion Period, the Winners will be posted on the conest website: Except where prohibited by law, Winners may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release within seven (7) days (including Weekends and Postal Holidays) of attempted notification. Noncompliance with this time period may result in disqualification without further notice and an alternate Winner will be selected. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine whether or not an Affidavit of Eligibility or Liability Release is necessary. Sponsor reserves the right to post each Winner’s first name and Submission shall be announced no later than July 1st, 2022
6) Prizes: One (1) grand prize winner shall be awarded an Kinefinity Mavo Edge 6k Kit (Worth $14,000). Limit one Prize per Entrant. The actual value may vary based on numerous factors. Certain restrictions may apply. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if a Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. Winners are solely responsible for any local, state or federal taxes, and any other taxes, fees and costs connected with the Prize. Sponsor has not made and is not responsible in any manner for any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to the Prize(s).
7) Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes Winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of the Winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, biographical information, testimonials, statements, prize information, and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration. By entering this Contest and/or accepting a Prize, each Entrant and Winner agrees to participate in any and all publicity and promotional activities (except where prohibited) in connection with this Contest as reasonably designated by Sponsor.
8) Release: BY PARTICIPATING OR ACCEPTING A PRIZE, ENTRANTS RELEASE AND AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSOR AND ITS, PARENTS, AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, AND CONTRACTORS, CONTEST PARTNERS, PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AND CONTRACTORS (“RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM ANY AND ALL EXISTING OR FUTURE ACTUAL OR ALLEGED ACTIONS, CLAIMS AND/OR LIABILITIES OF WHATEVER NATURE INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PERSONAL INJURY, BODILY INJURY (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WRONGFUL DEATH AND DISABILITY), PROPERTY DAMAGE, AND LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY OTHER KIND, ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OF MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN THIS, AND/OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITIES.
9) Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; or (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries or Submissions. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of Prizes.
10) General Conditions: Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. Where legal, participation in this Contest constitutes permission (and, where legal, Entrant agrees to confirm the grant in writing) to use in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed (including but not limited to the Internet), the Entrant’s name, likeness, voice, biographical information, and image for promotional, trade and/or publicity purposes without notice and at no additional compensation or review, unless prohibited by federal or state law. Submission of entry grants Sponsor and its agents the right in perpetuity to reproduce, publish, use, edit, adapt and/or modify such entry information, in any way, in any and all media, without limitation and without compensation to Entrant. Sponsor is not responsible for human error, theft, destruction, or damage to entries, or other factors beyond its reasonable control. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. The use of automated or third party software or website to play the Contest is prohibited. Electronically or mechanically reproduced entries shall be disqualified. In the event of a dispute, all Submissions will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the e-mail account associated with the IP address used to submit the Submission. For these purposes, the e-mail account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to the e-mail address by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with such email account. Disqualified or ineligible Entrants shall forfeit any awarded Prizes. AAll properly claimed Prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible entries are received. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Contest in its entirety or any portion thereof if its integrity or proper operation is undermined, or because of any force majeure event and, in such case, to select the winner from the eligible entries received prior to cancellation or suspension.
11) Disputes: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees to waive all rights to a jury trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including without limitation the Contest, and Entrant waives its right to participate in any class action or representative action instituted in connection with this Contest or these Official Rules. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Contest, including but not limited to to issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Contest shall be governed by the laws of Maryland, regardless of its conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Maryland. You agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts in the State of Illinois and you waive any right to claim forum non conveniens.
12) VOID WHERE PROHIBITED : Entrants are responsible for knowing the applicable laws and regulations with respect to prizes and promotions in their country. To the extent any part or portion of this Contest is found to be violative of those laws and regulations, Entrant accepts sole liability for any violation and agrees to hold Gear Focus harmless from any fines, penalties or damages.
14) Sponsor: 1123 State Route 3 N, # 270 #270 Gambrills, MD 21053